55 and Better Program provides apprenticeship and job training support to individuals over the age of 55 that are eager to re-enter the workforce. Trainees are offered job training workshops, resume building, and interviewing support, as well as placement assistance in unsubsidized employment opportunities.
- Must be over the age of 55
- Must meet income requirements
- Must be unemployed at the time of application
- Must attend an orientation
- Must receive city clearance
- Must receive clearance from Casa Central’s Human Resource Department
In order to provide participants with comprehensive support, the 55 and Better Program offers seminars on personal development and job readiness, including:
- Interviewing skills
- Communication skills
- Resume Building
- Financial literacy
Please stop by in person to fill out an application. To learn more, call our main office line at 773.645.2443 or contact Cesia Malca at 773.782.8819.