The Intact Family Services programming lasts approximately 5 to 6 months and strives to:
- Improve family functioning
- Increase the child's safety and well-being
- Reduce the need for out-of-home placement
- Keep families together
- Empower families toward self-sufficiency
- Expand the family's awareness of community-based resources
- Strengthen family relationships and improve family communication
Child Welfare Specialists work with families to ensure the well-being of children and help families remove economic, social, and family-related barriers that may prevent them from being successful in daily living. In addition, Intact Family Services offer the "Nurturing Parent Program," a 10-week parent education class offered in English and Spanish. Parenting classes help caregivers gain knowledge regarding parenting practices that will improve their day to day interaction with their children. Child care and transportation assistance are provided in order to foster participants' attendance.
Referrals to the Intact Family Services Program are made directly by IDCFS. Services are voluntary, and participants have the right to be informed of the IDCFS consequence of compliance and non-compliance.
To learn more, contact Paula Valencia at 773.645.2344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.