School Age Program
CURRENT UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
After much consideration, the temporary suspension of on-site operations of the Early Learning Academy (ELA) and School Age Program (SAP), has been extended to January 5, 2021. This decision was made of out an abundance of caution as the health and safety of our staff, participants, and community remain our top priorities.
Virtual/remote supports will continue to be provided during the temporary closure. Parents and guardians with children in the Early Learning Academy and School Age Program should contact their Program Director or Family Development Specialist with questions or for additional resources.
At this time, all Casa Central programs and departments are fully operational via onsite or remote service delivery, including our Home Care Services program. Our Adult Wellness Center will continue providing remote services. While we look forward to reopening the Adult Wellness Center, the Illinois Department of Aging advised suspension of on-site services; we do not yet have a date on which we plan to resume on-site operations.
If you have any questions, please call (773)-645-2300.
SAP is a year-round after school program where children can enhance their academic, social, and personal skills in a recreational environment. The School Age Program focuses on developing children's math, literacy, and computer skills. Our participants also have access to one of our computer labs to work on homework and play educational games as part of SAP’s regular programming. Program staff provides supervision to the children to help with their homework and address questions related to computer usage.
School Age Program also provides education in the areas of social-emotional development and health and nutrition. During the summertime, the SAP is open for full-day programming, offering weekly field trips and special activities throughout the summer.
For Parents please visit the parent portal at sap.casacentral.org
School Age Program
Casa Central's School Age Program provides a safe, nurturing environment that responds to the needs of the children. Activities stimulate involvement from children and work toward the following goals:
- To increase reading and math skills through academic assistance and educational tools
- To develop social-emotional skills through the Second Step Social-Emotional Curriculum
- To enhance self image through adult encouragement and the achievement of personal goals
- To increase appreciation for cultural diversity through multicultural celebrations that incorporate dance, food, and music
- To refine gross and fine motor skills through planned physical activities and the Sparks Curriculum
- Children must be between the ages of 5-12 years old
- Parents or guardians of participating children must work 30 hours a week or be enrolled in school 10 hours a week
- Parents or guardians must provide proof of salary or earnings in order to determine program eligibility
- Parents or guardians must provide birth certificates for all members
- Children must have documentation of current physical, dental and eye examination. These documents cannot be more than a year old
- Every year from the date of enrollment, a family is re-determined for program eligibility
How to Get Involved
Registering for Casa Central's School Age Program requires parents or guardians to complete the following documents:
- The Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Application
- Child Adult Care Food Program Application
- Intake forms, emergency consent forms, program contract, homework contract, discipline policy, receipt of the licensing standards for after school program, parent's rights and responsibilities, and children’s rights and responsibilities
To learn more, please contact Destiny Morales at 773.782.8757 or email@example.com.
NOTICE: Casa Central is not associated with the nursing home facility located at 1401 N. California Ave., Chicago, IL (Center Home Property, LLC). Center Home is not owned, operated nor in any way affiliated with Casa Central. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the nursing home, Center Home for Hispanic Elderly, please contact them directly at (773) 782-8700.
If you are seeking information regarding programs for older adults, Casa Central does offer Home Care Services and the Adult Wellness Center, which is a day service. Note, the Adult Wellness Center is temporarily closed and will re-open soon. Contact Casa Central directly for more information at 773-645-2300.