School Age Program
CURRENT UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) TO REFLECT GOVERNOR J.B. PRITZKER's 'STAY AT HOME' ORDER:
MARCH 23, 2020
Due to the public health situation surrounding COVID- 19, Casa Central has taken the following preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of our participants, stakeholders and workforce.
There will be partial temporary suspension of the following programs:
NOTE: These dates are subject to change based on information received from the City, State and Federal level.
On the other hand, the following Casa Central programs remain open:
If you have any questions, please contact us at (773)-645-2300
SAP is a year-round after school program where children can enhance their academic, social, and personal skills in a recreational environment. The School Age Program focuses on developing children's math, literacy, and computer skills. Our participants also have access to one of our computer labs to work on homework and play educational games as part of SAP’s regular programming. Program staff provides supervision to the children to help with their homework and address questions related to computer usage.
School Age Program also provides education in the areas of social-emotional development and health and nutrition. During the summertime, the SAP is open for full-day programming, offering weekly field trips and special activities throughout the summer.
For Parents please visit the parent portal at sap.casacentral.org
School Age Program
Casa Central's School Age Program provides a safe, nurturing environment that responds to the needs of the children. Activities stimulate involvement from children and work toward the following goals:
- To increase reading and math skills through academic assistance and educational tools
- To develop social-emotional skills through the Second Step Social-Emotional Curriculum
- To enhance self image through adult encouragement and the achievement of personal goals
- To increase appreciation for cultural diversity through multicultural celebrations that incorporate dance, food, and music
- To refine gross and fine motor skills through planned physical activities and the Sparks Curriculum
- Children must be between the ages of 5-12 years old
- Parents or guardians of participating children must work 30 hours a week or be enrolled in school 10 hours a week
- Parents or guardians must provide proof of salary or earnings in order to determine program eligibility
- Parents or guardians must provide birth certificates for all members
- Children must have documentation of current physical, dental and eye examination. These documents cannot be more than a year old
- Every year from the date of enrollment, a family is re-determined for program eligibility
How to Get Involved
Registering for Casa Central's School Age Program requires parents or guardians to complete the following documents:
- The Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Application
- Child Adult Care Food Program Application
- Intake forms, emergency consent forms, program contract, homework contract, discipline policy, receipt of the licensing standards for after school program, parent's rights and responsibilities, and children’s rights and responsibilities
To learn more, please contact Destiny Morales at 773.782.8757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.