Become an ELAB Member
2023 Applications are currently CLOSED
NEXT PERIOD OF ENROLLMENT WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE FALL OF 2023!
If you are interested, in being part of Casa Central Emerging Leaders Auxiliary Board,
submit your interest by completing our online form by clicking here
Emerging Leaders Auxiliary Board (ELAB) is a group of rising professionals that serve as ambassadors to increase awareness and support Casa Central's programs, while developing leadership skills and expanding their networks.
ELAB will cultivate the next generation of community-driven leaders that will utilize their skills to build a sustainable future for nonprofits.
Leading with intent to maximize the impact of the Emerging Leaders Auxiliary Board.
Engaging with the programs, services and participants Casa Central serves to help build a deeper connection with the mission of the organization.
Informing our personal and professional networks through events and social media to increase Casa Central's visibility.
Raising awareness and funds to strengthen Casa Central's programs.
annual member expectations
1. Serve as an ambassador for Casa Central and spread awareness of the organization's mission.
2. Attendance required at first meeting, which will serve as an agency orientation.
3. Volunteer or attend a minimum of two activities (outside of meetings) to develop a deeper understanding and affinity for Casa Central's programming.
4. Organize Casa Central's Spring community event (with extensive support from Casa Central staff): attend, promote, sell a minimum of five tickets, identify potential sponsors, and support the raffle.
5. Participate in the year-end fundraising campaign, including Giving Tuesday, by serving as a peer-to-peer champion.
6. Support the Annual Awards Gala in the Fall: attend the event and/or identify potential sponsors. ELAB's attendance is highly requested but not required.
7. Attend at minimum 75% of board meetings.
8. Secure a "give or get" fundraising minimum of $350.
✓ Expand youR professional network
✓ gain valuable leadership experience
✓ Receive recognition through Casa Central's website, press release, and events
✓ Make strategic professional connections with Casa central's board of directors and executive leadership team
ELAB will meet approximately every eight weeks for a total of eight meetings throughout the calendar year. Meetings are scheduled for an hour and a half. The first meeting will serve as an orientation and onboarding of the new cohort. The final meeting of the year will serve as an informal celebration to recognize the contributions of the group.
Schmidt Salzman & Moran, Ltd.
Chicago Public Schools
Ethics & Compliance Manager
Reyes Holdings, LLC
Sr. Associate, Workplace Strategy Consulting